Talking Strategies 4-7 years – top tips for teaching talking
The guide explores 12 strategies for improving spoken language skills in the classroom, each with a practical example of how it works across different subjects and top tips.
Also included are a suite of readymade resources to bring each strategy to life including:
• Set of reminder cards covering each of the strategies
• Classroom environment checklist
• Photocopiable lesson plan template
• Classroom posters to engage the pupils
• Reminder cards for paired work
• Visual organiser templates
• Poster and template for developing vocabulary
• Sentence starter cards
This resource encourages and supports an action learning type approach to continuing professional development.
Talking Strategies KS2
You may also be interested in our Talk Strategies KS2 resources, aimed at staff working closely with Key Stage 2 children. Click here to find out more